Friday, December 8, 2017

Family Christmas Traditions

"These wonderful things are the things we remember all through our lives!" -Sleigh Ride

By nature, I am an insanely sentimental person and I love traditions...especially Christmas traditions. ❤️

When Amina and Drew were babies, I decided I wanted to create simple family traditions. Things that don't cost much but are meaningful and easy to continue even as my kids grow older. Traditions that they could one day continue with their own families. 

Simple does not mean less special. It means finding the magic in the little things. With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I want to remember to slow down and enjoy these special moments, make memories, and cherish traditions.  

As a little girl, my favorite Christmas tradition was picking out our Christmas tree, playing this Kids Christmas tape we had, and decorating our tree. I loved looking at every ornament. I loved the stories that went with each one. We'd drink hot chocolate, sing, dance, and deck our halls. When I think about those moments in our little apartment, I get that warm fuzzy feeling inside. 

I want my little sugar plums to look back and be filled with the magic of the season and know they were so loved. 

Here are some of my favorite traditions with our little family...
  • Christmas Tree
  • Special Christmas Ornament Every Year
  • Seeing the Christmas Lights
  • Matching Christmas Jammies
  • Elf on the Shelf
I wish you all a simple and calm holiday season...filled with special moments with those you love. 









In keeping with December's theme, I'm closing this post with another forever favorite...."Sleigh Ride!"







All photos are courtesy of my sweet and oh so talented little cousin, Kylie. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© #Vidovich Adventures. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig