Friday, March 8, 2019

Playroom

This. This space. This is where the fun stuff happens.

When we moved into our home 8 months ago, I fell in love with our 3rd floor loft and while I had daydreams of a beautiful office and oasis for momma...real life smacked me in the face! 


Three littles and no playroom meant tons of toys, messy bedrooms, and irritated momma. 

That was the birth of the playroom. 

Once I embraced the playroom, my goal was to create a space that was cute, colorful, clutter free, & totally functional. 

I wanted an environment that would encourage play, creativity, independence, and FUN. I mean, isn’t that what a playroom is all about?!

I think this space does exactly that. 



Organization
• The IKEA trofast toy storage units are perfect for toy organization and keep the room clutter free AND hide the mess! Woop woop. 

Super durable, functional, and hold 80% of our toys!



• Baskets are not only cute but great storage...the large basket homes the stuffed animals & baby dolls. The small baskets are perfect for baby accessories and miscellaneous items. 




As I’m sure you can see, these kiddos have a book collection that could rival any library! Our book case has been with us since Drew was in my belly. One of my favorite baby shower gifts and home to some of our most prized possessions. 


Decor
•The wooden signs from Salty Bison brighten up the space...colorful, beautifully made, and what this room is all about. 

Bonus...they match perfectly with our IKEA abacus! 




•The art display was a DIY from a few years ago...wooden frame, chicken wire, and a talented father in law created this guy. 

Now I can enjoy my favorite works of art by my favorite little artists!


•This rocking chair was Grammy’s then Dada’s and it’s a favorite in our playroom. I’m kind of a sucker for sentimental pieces and this one melts my heart. 


•The Lorena Canal Rug is incredible. It’s super soft, machine washable, and takes me back to my teaching days...Swoon! 



•The Lorena Canal Pouffe is not only stunning but super functional! Apart from the decorative element, it is so versatile...the most comfortable seat, best jumping platform (Drew’s Favorite), stage for concerts, and the perfect place to read to your babies. 😉






The cover unzips and is completely removable for easy washing...totally satisfying my inner boho goddess and OCD-ness! Score!





Transforming this space has legit transformed our day to day. This space is now functional, beautiful, and a place where I can enjoy my little monsters. 

Most importantly, it’s a place of fun! 



Pin this image below to easily find this post again!





*Disclaimer: The rug and pouffe were gifted to me in exchange for this post but all thoughts and opinions in this post are my own.*


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Amazing room for children's to make their own little world in these kind of playrooms.
    luton airport valet parking

    ReplyDelete

© #Vidovich Adventures. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig