Wednesday, May 7, 2014

First Kicks!


I am currently 5 months (20 weeks and 3 days) pregnant. I felt the baby move for the first time this morning! As I laid in bed…not quite ready to get up, I felt an odd little tap in my belly. I froze, listened, and waited. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a thing. As I sat completely still, I waited, and just when I thought I was wrong…3 more taps! My heart did a hop, skip, and a jump! I felt my baby boy kick for the first time! Wow! I have been patiently waiting for this moment.

At sixteen weeks, I had experienced the biggest scare of my life. I was suffering from pretty bad morning (night) sickness and couldn't control my bladder. I also had trouble controlling it when I laughed. I am a pretty giggly person so you could imagine the horror! That day in particular, I was cracking up at a group text and peed myself! Wah wah wah. After struggling to get pregnant for so long, I actually loved this new pregnancy symptom. Yes, it was embarrassing but I also thought it was funny which caused the never ending cycle. That night, I went to bed and woke up thinking, "Oops I did it again! In my sleep too! OMG!" My pjs were wet and I headed to the restroom. I sat on the toilet and when I looked down, realized it was not pee but blood. I froze. The bed was covered, my pjs were covered, and I didn't know what to do. I called my sister, Jess, and explained. She calmly told me to change, call my husband (who was working), stay calm, and get to the ER. I woke up my sister in law and as I dressed, she changed my sheets, started the laundry, and won the award for best actress. She stayed so calm even though she was as scared as I was. After a long night and early morning in the emergency room, we were finally released with the knowledge that the baby looked healthy and my blood work came out fine! The next morning, I saw my OB who told us I had placenta previa. Basically, my placenta was covering my cervix and that's where the bleeding was coming from. 

I had been told I wouldn't feel the baby until later in my pregnancy because my placenta was blocking not only my cervix but my belly. I remember feeling so sad as it was something I really wanted to experience, this little life moving inside of me. I understood and decided to just be happy with watching him kick, karate chop, roll, and relax during ultrasounds. We learned early on that he is a mover and groover…just like his momma! 

So to say today is a happy day is an understatement. Today is a miracle and I love this baby boy more than I could ever think possible.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© #Vidovich Adventures. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig