Sunday, September 10, 2017

The Grandest Gifts

Growing up, my grandparents were an important part of my life. 

Many of my favorite childhood memories were at my grandparents' home.

Sleepovers with my Abuelito and Abuelita. Making gorditas. La Panederia with my Wito. Luckys Grocery Store Shopping. Drinking Coffee with too much milk and too much sugar (CANNOT seem to break that habit). Doing homework using the best math manipulatives, frijoles. Chocolate Abuelita. Reading Anne of Green Gables with my Grandma. My first library card. 

These are the memories of my chidhood. 

As excited as I was to become a momma, I was even more excited for my mom, mother in law, and father in law to become grandparents.  

From the moment they knew our littles (all 3) were coming, they loved them, spoiled them, and proved to be the most hands on Grandparents I have ever seen. From bed rest to nurserys to birthday parties and everything in between, these grandparents were there...cooking, cleaning, hanging, assembling, and loving these little people. 

They are the best playmates, story book readers, racers, and dragon hunters. They build, play dinosaurs, get check ups from our little doctors, play coffee shop, and sing (a bit off tune...jk)! They wrestle and sword fight and find cats in the neighborhood. They bring food, pick up Tylenol when little ones are feeling blue, and teach them things about our families and traditions that I never knew. 

They are my children's favorite people. Mine too. 

They adore their grand babies and gosh, those grand babies adore them.  

I love watching Amina, Drew, and Bea with their grandparents. 

So, in honor of National Grandparents Day (this Sunday), I wanted to say thank you to some of the most important people in my children's life...Pop Pop, Grammy, and LuLu. Thank you for all that you do...not only today, but every day.
I know one day, these littles are going to look back and their favorite memories will be of you. 







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© #Vidovich Adventures. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig